|Description:||The Returns Specialist will follow the BWGS return procedures and have a complete understanding of the BWGS process of dealing with returned product. Position supports the Operations Manager and sales staff by being responsible for customer returns and repairs while providing top quality customer service to customers and vendors. This position will also process information and set-up return shipments and corresponding purchase orders while maintaining accurate follow-up and proper documentation. Additionally, the Returns Specialist will assist in warehouse with shipping and receiving as required by business needs.|
- Act as the vendor returns department and handle all warranty issues and questions for the in-house Sunleaves products line
- Communicate daily with customers, vendors, and employees in a polite, professional manner.
- Effectively manage returned goods while accurately placing and reviewing returns and vendor return PO's
- Process customer returns via phone, fax, or e-mail while maintaining company policy in processing orders and returns.
- Receive returned product into inventory
- Generate necessary paperwork according to RA procedure and collate; issue call tags when necessary.
- Troubleshoot products per vendor testing methods to ensure products are defective prior to return to vendor
- Perform repairs on defective products as needed
- Coordinate returns of defective products with wholesale customers and vendors including the shipping of these returns.
- Accurately track all Return Authorizations in database and applicable spreadsheets.
- Setup return and purchase orders as necessary for BWGS customers.
- Process sales orders.
- Accurately pick, weigh, pack and prepare goods for shipment
- Effectively and efficiently wrap stock on pallets
- Properly label and address skids for correct destination
- Correctly load skids with proper merchandise and load onto proper truck
- Effectively communicate with shipping companies to facilitate accurate shipment of goods to customers.
- Run end of day reports
- Pull packages to dock and assist with loading of truck
- Inspect inbound shipments and alert management to any damage found
- Accurately transpose vendor product numbers to BWGS stock numbers and accurately label products prior to placing in bins
- Communicate effectively with purchasing agents and truck drivers
- Route manifests, receiving papers and bills of lading to the proper accounting and or purchasing personnel via interoffice mail system
- Accurately place correct products in the correct locations according to stock numbers and bin locations
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; some college-level experience preferred, or in lieu of this requirement applicable 2-4 years related experience acceptable.
- Be able to perform essential job functions in a manner requiring indirect supervision.
- Be enthusiastic and ambitious.
- Have a strong desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Possess an excellent attention to detail and mechanical aptitude.
- Be proficient in computer and internet use including general computer knowledge/skills and Microsoft Office applications with a heavy emphasis on Excel.
- Be able to perform physical work requiring extensive mobility.
- Be able to lift products and raw materials by hand (frequently weighing up to 40 lbs, and infrequently weighing up to 150 pounds.
- Be able to effectively work at heights of up to 40 feet while wearing a safety harness
- Be able to accurately and effectively interpret numbers.
- Possess a working knowledge of inventory and warehousing including movements between different warehouses.
- Possess a basic understanding of accounting principles.